The Sentinel

• August 23“Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear” ~ George Addair.

• August 17Colin Kaepernick signs with Nike; causes controversy

Welcome to Sierra High School

Countess Harris

Countess Harris

Countess Harris, Editor in Chief

Welcome to Sierra High School! In Zachary Craddock’s case, welcome back to Sierra High School!

Zachary Craddock is our new principal this year, but he is only new to some students and staff. Back in 2012, Mr. Craddock was the principal at Sierra High School, until he left for a job offer at Falcon district 49. There he worked with multiple schools, and although he did enjoy the work while being in District 49 he said, “I enjoyed being in schools more and leading the school.” In my interview with Mr. Craddock he stated, “I think I can do a better job being close to students and staff in the school.” Which is why he took the opportunity to work here again.

Although, he enjoyed his time here at Sierra, before he returned he spent his time building a school in Aurora, Colorado. The school was built out of an old Hobby Lobby. They raised 2.6 million dollars and now it is a K-8 school.

Now that Craddock has returned, his plans for SHS are two things; “I need our teachers giving the students the best instruction every school day, every class period. Second I need a high performance culture amongst the staff and students. We all need to be working to be our best. If we do that, those days add up, and at the end of the year it’s going to be a huge difference.”

The question we’ve been wondering is, why get rid of Freshmen Academy? In our interview, Mr. Craddock stated, “That decision was made before I got here.” As a matter of fact, Mr.Craddock actually started Freshmen Academy back in 2013. The decision to remove Freshmen Academy was made by the administration team prior to Mr.Craddock’s return. He said, “I decided to stick with it because it was so late into the summer, it would have been too chaotic to reverse that.”

Due to the amount of comments that have been made around campus, such as, “I miss Dr. Griffin”, I decided to ask Mr. Craddock if he plans on being more involved within the school. Mr.Craddock plans on continuing his visits into the classroom and to be at as many sporting events as possible. Mr.Craddock says, “Being involved is in the classrooms, that’s where the action is. Not in my office.”

Mr. Craddock is excited to be back at Sierra High School, working with the students and staff. “I have every intention to do my best.”