The Sentinel

• August 23“Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear” ~ George Addair.

• August 17Colin Kaepernick signs with Nike; causes controversy

Daily Announcements:

Friday, November 16, 2018
Good morning Sierra High school these are your daily morning announcements________________
So far the teachers have won the volleyball match.
Yesterday the teachers smashed the students in soccer
What do the students want to LOSE in next? Let your STUCO members know!
Do you want to earn some scholarships? Do you want to win a laptop? Join us at the Educating Children of Color Conference on January 19th. This is a great opportunity to learn, network, and prepare for your future. Sign up in Counseling.
(Tuesday’s and Thursday’s)Calling all artist! Art Club is back, That’s right, Tuesdays and Thursdays after school in Mr. Hales room 201. REPEAT X2
Senior pictures: Head shots only due by December 1 if you need pictures taken by yearbook headshots are $5, schedule it by December 1 in Ms. Gills room or see a yearbook staff member.
(Read Monday and Friday) Your ID needs to be visible and on your class colored lanyard everyday. Students who do not have or have lost their ID please see security before 7:35 to get your ID.
(read Monday & Wednesday)“Students can save lots of money by purchasing a student activity pass for all home games during all upcoming boy’s and girl’s basketball games. You may purchase your student activity passes in the office from Ms. Kosley or at the games at the gate. There are still students who have student ID’s with imprinted activity passes in the office, please stop by to retrieve them.”
(Only read Monday) Stallions our schools needs some more spirit! Come to room 106 after school on Mondays, 3:20-4:30 to help create chants for the games. We will also be making posters to help get students geared up for the games. We need to fill the student sections at all home games with our Stallion gear on. The benefit of being all of this is you get into games for $1.00.
(ready Monday) NHS meeting today after school.
(read Thursday and Friday) Sierra High school has a food pantry every Friday afternoon in the commons, stop by at 3:45 to see Mrs. PJ and she will help you out.
(read Monday& Wednesday) Dive into pre-season girls swimming starting October 16th every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:40-6:00 pm. Make sure to bring proper swimwear such as goggles, a swimsuit, and a towel to practice as well as have your physical completed. The pool is located at the end of the athletic hallway and will be the double doors on the left. The Sierra swim team is open to all district two female athletes so let your friends at other high schools know to come and make a splash. Official season starts November 12th..
(read Tuesday and Thursday)“Attention students: please make sure when you come to home athletic events that you make transportation arrangements for the end of the game. It is your responsibility to have a ride home when the game ends. Failure to make these arrangements in a timely manner will result in non-admittance to home athletic events.”
(read Tuesday & Thursday)“Tutoring after school for English, Math, Science and Social Studies will be available in the library from 3:30-4:30pm on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s. It’s a one-stop-shop for all your questions and tutoring needs! We’ll see you there!”
(Tue. – Thur) Students leaving tutoring (library or throughout the building) please make your way to the lobby or front patio if you are waiting on your rides
(read Friday) Parking permits are required. Please see Dana Kosley in the office to purchase a parking permit if you are parking at Sierra. There is no parking in the YMCA lot as they need it for their customers. Price is $20.00.
Sierra High School is a dedicated community where socially conscious life-long learners pursue excellence in our every endeavor. These have been your daily announcements by ________________________________

DO NOT READ
Let’s fight cancer stallions! Around the school is information on the Pennies for Patients fundraiser hosted by NHS. There will be a class competition of who can raise the most funds, and the school total will be tracked on a poster by the front office. The event will be between December and February. Every penny counts to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society mission of funding research, advocating and providing healthcare access to families battling cancer. Together we change cancer

Starting when we get back from break and running until April
Only announced on Monday