Daily Announcements:

December 5th, 2018

Good morning Sierra High school these are your daily morning announcements

“ThesCon attendees need to report to room 151 after school today to finalize last-minute information and arrangements for our trip tomorrow. Those who cannot make the meeting today need to contact Mr. White as soon as possible.”

Hey Stallions! Make sure you are going above and beyond expectations in the classroom, hallways, and commons. At the end of December we are pulling Stallion Shoe cards for X Box Live, PlayStation Network, Sephora, Ulta, Best Buy, and Amazon in addition to our regular restaurant gift cards. How can you earn a punch? Consider staying after school with a teacher for tutoring, help clear tables in the lunch room, pick up trash in the hallways. Let’s all work together towards a better Sierra. Semester winners will be pulled on Dec. Thursday, 20. Get your cards into the box at the front office before the drawing to win these amazing prizes

“Tickets for Moon Over Buffalo are on sale during lunches! Tickets are $5 for students, $8 for adults. Grab your tickets quickly for this laugh out loud comedy. Show dates are December 13, 14, and 15 at 7 PM. The show runs about an hour and a half. Visit the table during lunch or find a member of the show for more information.”

1st announcement: “If you like to sing contemporary music, enjoy acapella music, and/or beatbox, come check out our acapella group here at Sierra, ‘Noteworthy’! We will be having an informational meeting Tuesday, 12/11 at 3:30 P.M. in the choir room, where schedules will be handed out and all information given. You do not have to currently be in choir in order to join. If you can’t attend but are interested, please see Ms. Arnony.”

2nd announcement: “The Sierra High School choir program will be having their Holiday Concert on Wednesday, 12/12 at 6:00 P.M., and we would love to see you there! Admission is free and will be in the auditorium here at SHS. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Arnony, we hope to see you there!”

Yearbooks are now on SALE. They are $45 and can be paid in payments. You can buy them A&B lunch or in room 212. The price will go up January 1st!

Please announce Thursday 12.6.18 this week, and 12.10 and 12.11 next week:

The next meeting for Word Smiths is the last of the semester! Join us Thursday, December 13 after school in 109 to learn more about our slam poetry, spoken word, speech and debate club. See Ms. Litteral if you have any questions.

Please announce on Thursday 12.13.18:

Join us today after school for Word Smiths in 109 with Ms. Litteral. Learn more about slam poetry, spoken word, speech and debate.

(Monday thru Thursday) Attention Spanish students!! Are you interested in showcasing your talents in the Spanish language and culture? Would you like to go to UNC to show what you can do? If so, check out the World Language Day Field Trip! Registration for competitions opens this week. There will be an informational meeting in room 153 this Thursday December 6th after school. Come and learn what its all about! Hope to see you there!!

Do you want to earn some scholarships? Do you want to win a laptop? Join us at the Educating Children of Color Conference on January 19th. This is a great opportunity to learn, network, and prepare for your future. Sign up in Counseling.

(Tuesday’s and Thursday’s)Calling all artist!  Art Club is back, That’s right, Tuesdays and Thursdays after school in Mr. Hales room 201.    REPEAT X2

(Read Monday and Friday) Your ID needs to be visible and on your class colored lanyard everyday. Students who do not have or have lost their ID please see security before 7:35 to get your ID. 

(read Monday & Wednesday)“Students can save lots of money by purchasing a student activity pass for all home games during all upcoming boy’s and girl’s basketball games.  You may purchase your student activity passes in the office from Ms. Kosley or at the games at the gate.

(Only read Monday) Stallions our schools needs some more spirit! Come to room 106 after school on Mondays, 3:20-4:30 to help create chants for the games.  We will also be making posters to help get students geared up for the games.  We need to fill the student sections at all home games with our Stallion gear on.  The benefit of being all of this is you get into games for $1.00.

(ready Monday) NHS meeting today after school.

(Read on Monday’s until April) Let’s fight cancer stallions! Around the school is information on the Pennies for Patients fundraiser hosted by NHS. There will be a class competition of who can raise the most funds, and the school total will be tracked on a poster by the front office. The event will be between December and February. Every penny counts to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society mission of funding research, advocating and providing healthcare access to families battling cancer. Together we change cancer

(read Thursday and Friday) Sierra High school has a food pantry every Friday afternoon in the commons, stop by at 3:45 to see Mrs. PJ and she will help you out. 

(read Tuesday and Thursday)“Attention students: please make sure when you come to home athletic events that you make transportation arrangements for the end of the game. It is your responsibility to have a ride home when the game ends. Failure to make these arrangements in a timely manner will result in non-admittance to home athletic events.”

(read Tuesday & Thursday)“Tutoring after school for English, Math, Science and Social Studies will be available in the library from 3:30-4:30pm on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s.  It’s a one-stop-shop for all your questions and tutoring needs! We’ll see you there!”

(Tue. – Thur) Students leaving tutoring (library or throughout the building) please make your way to the lobby or front patio if you are waiting on your rides

(read Friday) Parking permits are required. Please see Dana Kosley in the office to purchase a parking permit if you are parking at Sierra. There is no parking in the YMCA lot as they need it for their customers.  Price is $20.00.

Sierra High School is a dedicated community where socially conscious life-long learners pursue excellence in our every endeavor. These have been your daily announcements by ________________________________