The Sentinel

• January 14Yearbooks on Sale for $50, buy before the price increases!

• August 23“Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear” ~ George Addair.

In it to Win it.

Back to Article
Back to Article

In it to Win it.

Gazette Preps

Gazette Preps

Gazette Preps

Demarion Cooks

This past week our Sierra boys team went to one of the best tournaments with some of the best teams in it the D’Evelyn Tournament Most teams that were they were ranked top 10 in 4A. Our first game was against holy family and we lost to them last year 54-47. But this year we were hoping for a different outcome. It was a tough game coming off our season opener win against thomas jefferson and holy family is a top 10 ranked team for 4A coming into this new season.But we weren’t playing with pride or as a team and fell short to beating holy family 69-50. So with that lost we go to the losers side of the bracket, next game up we play Pueblo east Pueblo is a good team but they have some players missing because they’re  still in football as there team went to state championship game. Pueblo east was a hard fought game ,people in foul trouble refs making horrible calls and all but we win 51-48. On the final day of the tournament we play steamboat springs and this game is good and bad it’s just like nobody came out to play and it showed we couldn’t defend and they would score with ease our shots wouldn’t go in and we would hang our heads.Towards the end of the game foul trouble happened and we had a short bench ,players were sick and absent the game was tied up at the end and we headed into overtime. It was a fight but we couldn’t come out with the victory with the final score being 61-59 this tournament helped us because we got to get our heads right and ready for this tough preseason schedule we have to play. We haven’t been playing as a team and those loses could have easily been wins if we played as one and had each other back and weren’t just worried about ourselves, were going to learn from this and when league play comes we should be beating every team.